Friday, March 15, 2013

 
Celebrating 13 Years with NextGen
 
Lori Eaton, Vice President
 
 
“My Good Fortune…”
 
Today marks the day that thirteen years ago I joined the NextGen team.  Working first as a recruiter, at NextGen,  I had the opportunity to learn everything I could about Information Technology and what is required when staffing an (IT) position, or project, as well as what candidates are looking for, even when they themselves, were not quite sure.  This can be both challenging and profoundly satisfying when helping someone find a job or make a career move and when helping clients through difficult staffing challenges.
 
Since then, I have had the opportunity to be an integral part of this dynamic business that helps change business and change lives…for the better.  Throughout my career, I have had the privilege of working with so many wonderful people. With my bosses, colleagues and coworkers, I have already experienced a “business” ride of a lifetime and with my staff, I have often shared the front seat of the roller coaster, “no hands.”   I have collaborated with many.  I have mentored a few, along the way.   I have learned from all.    

As many of you know, NextGen is a Women Owned and Minority Owned Business Enterprise and we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Throughout the years, NextGen has afforded me the opportunity to develop this platform along with my own professional career goals and dreams. As Vice President of the firm, my goal is to pay this forward, striving to cultivate an atmosphere that promotes opportunity and helps make the workplace, better…better for us at NextGen… and for all of our clients and consultants in the field.  As we say at our company, "We are catalysts to change… changing business and changing lives for the better, and We work…for a better workforce and a better workplace…and we pride ourselves on these principles.”  

As part of this mission, we at NextGen have just recently developed the “NextGen… We Care Initiative. ” This program is designed to support charitable organizations and St. Louis businesses and promote civic responsibility, philanthropy and scholarship. This effort encompasses many of the things that I feel most passionate about including my team, my town and my interest in bringing technology opportunities to children, teens and young adults. 

Growing up I dreamed of becoming so many different things. Never would I have guessed that, today, I would be a leading a staff of such bright, spirited and dedicated professionals who, each day, inspire me.  

In the staffing and recruiting industry, 13 years can be considered a lengthy time, given the rigors and stress of the industry.  For me, I am most happy to say that given our company’s growth and development this year, we are truly blessed and yes…the best is yet to come.

Oh…by the way, the number 13 is yes, my anniversary at NextGen and my lucky number.  According to Chinese history and the Mandarin dialect, the digit 1 when positioned in tens sounds like the word 'definite' (shi) in Mandarin and dialects such as Cantonese; while the digit 3 sounds like life, living or birth. As a result, the number 13, which is pronounced as shisan in Mandarin, can mean 'definitely vibrant' or 'assured growth'.

Yes, it’s been my great fortune to have had these wonderful years at NextGen and as I celebrate this anniversary and look to the future I wish you all the same…

 
Lori Eaton
Vice President
 
NextGen Information Services, Inc.


 
    

1 comment:

  1. We are all lucky to have such an experienced and inspired leader!

    ReplyDelete